Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Finally here, but it seems everything is rolling out again ...


I did it; I created my personal blog, called the "Cotton Boy" after more than a year of hesitation. I was asked to write, I winced and denied my ability. I questioned myself if I was able to convey my inner feeling into words and laid my emotion flatly in the language of English. There is no doubt that I can speak Cantonese, write Chinese and read both traditional and simplified Chinese. As for writing in English, am I ripened enough that you can taste my words? I wondered this and questioned that. I, at the same time, was worried too much how others judge and comment each word I was spitting out.

"Cotton boy, you should write! Your writing is unique and funny. I like reading your posts; my sister and my mom like yours, " proclaimed by a friend. I was flattered, and spontaneously breathed out an exclamation word, "Really?" "Yes, really. You have to believe yourself and write how you feel because your perspective of seeing things in America is interesting. All you need to pay attention to is speak slowly and don't mess up the words, "clock" and "cock". They indicate two individual objects which they don't look alike at all." I grinned and pondered, "I guess it is time!"

I am now standing up in the sky, floating along with the clouds, telling the world that I have stories to share. Follow me and be my witness as I, a Chinese immigrant, am encountering countless hilarious incidents while trying so hard to mingle into the melting pot, America!

No comments:

Post a Comment